Teaching and research are linked: the skills and leading edge technology utilized in research projects are transferred to students in the classrooms and laboratories.
UA’s Department of Computer Science conducts research projects worth several million dollars annually. Faculty and their students are conducting research in core computer science areas, including software engineering, cyber security, big data analytics, distributed autonomy and human-computer interaction, networking and its applications, and computer science education.
Specialized Research Units
The Department of Computer Science also directs specialized research units:
- Digital Forensics and Control Systems Security Lab
- High Performance Data Analytics and Computing
- Human Technology Interaction Lab
- Spatial Data Science Lab
- Software Engineering Research Group
- Distributed Autonomy Laboratory
- The University of Alabama Center for Advanced Public Safety
- Collaborative Software